The Fifth European Emergency Medical Services Congress, EMS2020, which will be taking place in Glasgow, Scotland 25-27 May 2020, is calling for abstracts, EMS talks and EMS workshops. EMS 2020 is a large and important educational and scientific event in the international emergency medical services (EMS) community which 1,500 ems professionals are expected to join in 2020. Researchers and pre-hospital and emergency health care professionals such as medical directors, physicians, paramedics, dispatchers, nurses and management are welcomed to join the EMS 2020 in Scotland in this upcoming year.
Persons interested to submit their abstracts to EMS 2020 are advised to go through the following information and further visit the conference website provided at the end of this page.
- Abstracts can be submitted through our electronic abstract submission system.
- Abstract submission: 20 September 2019 to 15 January 2020
- Accepted abstracts will be presented as posters and selected papers will also be published in an online international peer reviewed journal, BMJ Open.
- Category: Your abstracts should fall under one of these categories;
1) Cardiac arrest
2) Dispatch and triage
3) Interventions and diagnostics
4) Pain and trauma
5) Staffing and specific diseases
6) Quality improvement and organisation
- The 5 best abstracts will be selected to the EMS2020 Best Abstract Competition. At the Best Abstract Session, presenting authors will be given 10 minutes to present their abstract followed by 5 minutes questions from the audience. The winner will receive the EMS2020 Best Abstract Award and a money prize of 1,000 EUR. Please note that presenting authors who are part of the Best Abstract Competition are expected to be present at the Closing Ceremony.
- Another 5 abstracts will be selected for oral presentation at the Most Innovative Abstracts session. Speakers will be given 10 minutes to present their abstract followed by 5 minutes questions from the audience.
- Registration: The presenting author has to be fully registered for EMS2020 no later than 20 February 2020 to get the Early Bird discount.
For further information on abstract formats, workshops and talks in EMS2020, please visit: https://emseurope.org/ for further information.